May 19, 2009

Even I Have Trouble

Today is special election day, get to polls, important matter of state to be decided, every vote counts. You know the drill. I'm having a bit of trouble caring myself, and I a damn political junkie. Special elections should be banned. You want your ballot measure passed, you wait for the next regularly scheduled election like everyone else. In California over the last few years we have had 2 special elections just for ballot measures, a recall election, and a Presidential primary separate from the primaries for every office. This needs to stop. It hurts turn out, costs a lot, and makes everyone more cynical about the process. Two elections, primary and general, every two years, that's should be the limit. I'm going to get to work on the ballot measure right now.

But anyway, do you duty, can't complain if you can't vote, people died to get you this right, blah, blah, blah.

No comments: