February 22, 2011

The Voyure Thrill of Revolution on My TV

I'll have to admit it, watching people from other Contries throwing some murderous bastard of a leader out on his ass. Joss Weadon's Angel said it best: "Nothing in the world is the way it ought to be." So anytime we see the world getting better it hits us deep in the riotous part of our brains the part that craves progress and freedom.

Plus, its a cost-free thrill. Apart from a little tick up in gas prices we pay no price for the freedom of people in the Middle East. I get to see and feel the cheering of victorious people on the main square without risking my own hide to wooden batons or rubber bullets. And it looks like the Libyans are facing the full horror of a civil war.
Me, I can root for the good guys from the safety of my couch.

No comments: