October 27, 2009

Special

Normally, I don't pay that much attention to up-state New York special elections, but what's happening in New York's 23rd congressional district is pretty fascinating. The incumbent Republican has joined the Obama administration as Army Secretary, and a free-for-all has broken out to replace him. Normally this district would be a easy win for the GOP, but in this case a three-way race has developed. There's a wishy-washy Dem, a wishy-washy GOPer and a hard-core conservative spoiler. All the notable right-wingers, such as Palin, Rush, and Beck, are lining up with the right-winger. With the right side of electorate split, the Dems could pull out a win in a place they should have no right to.

Who says you can't find a good election in an off year? Here comes November!

1 comment:

Archaeogoddess said...

The Danish local elections will be happening in a week or two. The locals are the only ones I can vote in, but sure enough I will not be in the country to vote!

I am NEVER in the right place at the right time!

I can and do vote absentee in the US, but here I don't know if I can. Heck, I can't even tell most of the parties apart. Probably a good idea to sit this one out, eh?