August 3, 2004

I put my tin foil hat around here somewhere.

I must say I thought Dean went a little far when he said the Bush admin put out the terror alert for political reasons. But, then I see this story:

U.S. officials say the detailed surveillance photos and documents that prompted higher terror warnings dated from as far back as 2000 and 2001, and Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge said Tuesday the government concluded "it was essential" to publicize it and raise the terror alert.

They put out a terror alert based on data that was 4 years old! They just had to put out a massive alert the day after Kerry's big day based on data that was 4 years old! Next, we will put Hawaii on orange alert based on information that shows Japan might be up to something.

In other news, 9% of Americans abuse alcohol and nearly 15 percent have a personality disorder, according to a U.S. government survey. If I keep reading stories like this terror alert I just might join them.

No comments: