August 18, 2004

Women's Saber is my new Favorite Sport.

So, I finally got to see what real Olympic fencing is like. It is really fast. I mean blindingly fast. Have to show each touch in slow motion just to get an idea of what the hell happened fast. It is not the slow tink, tink, tink like when Inigo Montoya and Zorro do it. And for a sport that seems to be all about honor and stuff they sure do celebrate a lot. Also, because we are all about USA! USA! here at Craigorian Chant it is important to note that the U.S. took both the Gold and Bronze in Women's Saber. Mariel Zagunis, a 19-year old with a blond pony-tail and the speed and reflexes of a rattlesnake beat some foreigner 15-9 to win gold and then got tossed in the air by the rest of the US team.

In politics -- all you need to know about the messages of the two campaigns can be seen on their websites.

Kerry: "I will make the country better so vote for me."
Bush: "Kerry sucks so vote for me."

No comments: