July 23, 2004

Shortcuts

I, being a a rather lazy person, am always looking for shortcuts, even when it comes to feeding my political addiction. Knowing that I am serving a similarly lazy bunch of people, (after all, why are you reading this Blog when you should be working!) I now present you a pair of shortcuts to understanding current events. If these helpfully summaries by guys smarter than I am prove too lengthy I have provided one sentence summaries of the summaries.

Rather than pore over polling results to determine who is doing in the election race read this summary by Ruy Teixeira. Short version: Kerry doing well but needs to come up with an Iraq plan and tell us about it.

Instead of reading all 516 pages of the 9/11 commission report read this summary by Kevin Drum. Short version: Lots of people to blame, but it is time to get off our asses and put some reforms in place.

No comments: