February 25, 2008

Mmmmm Red Dress aka Oscarblogging



No Country for Old Men was the best movie I saw all of last year, so there is justice in the world. Javier Bardem's Anton Chigurh from No Country haunts my dreams, so I'd say that's a deserved win. Most of the other nominees are languishing in my netflix's queue behind seasons of The Wire so its hard for me to pronounce most of the other winners as just or not. I do hereby pronounce Jon Stewart funny and Anne Hathaway hot, but you knew that already. Stewart get bonus karma points for getting the girl from Once back on stage after she got cut off after winning best song. Taxi to the Dark side needs the attention. The clips were a rather sorry affair this year. It was just a bunch of old Oscar ceremonies. We watch this show cause we love movies, so show us movies already.

No comments: