April 18, 2006

Prizeworthy

The Pulitzer prizes were handed out yesterday, those of the top awards for newspaper people. I would note that the staff of the San Diego Union-Tribune got one for the reporting that uncovered the corruption of Rep. Duke Cunningham. So I would urge the Sacramento Bee to get off its butt and start getting into this John Doolittle thing. We all know he's dirty, fabulous prizes await those who prove it. Ok, looks like they are on it.

Turns out there is a Pulitzer for commentary. Commentary! That's a prize I can win. I comment on stuff every day. Reporting is hard, but commentary I can do. This year the prize went to Nicholas Kristof of the New York Times. He got the prize based on his writing about the ongoing genocide in the Darfur region of Sudan. Turns out he didn't just sit back and comment, he did a lot of original reporting and traveled to the region many times.

Anybody want to pitch in and help send me to Nepal? There is some serious stuff going down there. My Pulitzer awaits.

No comments: