June 1, 2005

Required Reading

Just in case you need some light reading over the summer, Human Events, a rather enthusiastically conservative group has releasted the Ten Most Harmful Books of the 19th and 20th Centuries. Wow. Some good stuff in here once you get past the The Communist Manifesto and Mein Kampf. Some really good books: Sexual Behavior in the Human Male, The Feminine Mystique, General Theory of Employment, Interest and Money. This is a great list of books I've really been meaning to read but haven't. Good thing they are putting up links for Amazon.com so you can buy these evil books.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you know how to read. It must be nice.

Anonymous said...

Were the reviewers actually required to read the texts and, if so, do they actually live in this world - by that I mean around actual events and people. It had a distinctly underlying tone of TOP TEN BOOKS THAT SHOULD BE BURNED. But, I suppose the more people read the less time to practice mordern day goose stepping.

Tyler said...

Yes...thats what I got out of it too. That the creators of that list wanted to burn those books. Because, as we all know, conservatives/republicans all secretely want to be Adolf Hitler.

Tyler said...

So there are two people who read this blog named Tyler?

For the record I (Tyler Allen) did not write the "for the record" post

I certainly hope there are two Tylers, because if someone wrote some sort of hack or something to use my ID---well thats not cool. We need to look into this and at at least change some user IDs

The horror, the horror.....

Chris said...

Yeah, WTF? Is there another Chris reading this blog too? I (CCB) was off in Budapest for the last few days, but looking over things it looks like I didn't stop posting. Although likening the President's reading habits to MAD Magazine and the Hardy Boys is an excellent joke, alas I cannot claim credit for it.