June 15, 2005

San Diego

The game is afoot in San Diego, better known as the land where I got my Poli-Sci degree.

Donna Frye is leading polls to win the Mayor special election. The surf chick is going to shake things up. She has gone from write-in gladfly to frontrunner. And as a liberal in a rather conservative city. This is something to watch.

Also, San Diego Congress-critter Randy "Duke" Cunningham is getting in a bit of a bother. It seems a defense contractor paid $600,000 more than market price for Duke's house. TPM is on the story, and when Josh gets into something, you just have to sit back and watch.

I expect Craigorian Chant San Diego correspondent Jess to weigh in as well.

1 comment:

BLOGBANK said...

Last night I spent an hour or so talking with Jerry Sanders and found him to be a solid individual with a clear vision for the future of San Diego. I am impressed, wrote his campaign a check and will vote for him.