February 16, 2006

Overheard

Have you been ever walking down the street or been in some other public place and hear a conversation? Something funny or wierd or profound and not intended for you, but soooo worth hearing? I had one of those a couple of weeks ago. It went like this:

Guy: Your boyfriend can be a real jerk.
Girl: Ya, but I'm 22 and he's 42, so he must be doing something right.


There is a great web page called Overheard in New York which is a collection of these little snippets of conversation. There's some really great stuff in there.

So what have you overheard? Post it in comments.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I have one. Last night, we went to see Brokeback Mountain, and as we walked out of the theater, I overheard one of the women behind me say "That wasn't about horses at all."

Anonymous said...

I can’t remember when it was, but I was riding the bus on Oahu (where I’m from) and I overheard a couple of tourists talking. One said to the other, I can’t believe how urbanized Hawaii is. When I came here I expected to see people wearing hula skirts and living in grass shacks… and the other person agreed with him!